Pages

Friday, April 15, 2011

New York I love you!









Just because i found about 5000 photos from my trip o/s last year i thought i would blog about how much i friggen LOVE New York City! Apart from the fact it is the best city on earth (sorry Sydney, you didn't stand a chance) I positively, 100% had the best time on my trip there. 
Notes - Arrived alone, to this rad hostel on Bedford Ave, Williamsburg, after driving what felt life 50 blocks through a hispanic Jewish area and having a mini breakdown thinking i'd booked to stay in the wrong hood! Within 15 minuits had some cool people to hang with and went to the Brooklyn Bowl to see Vampire Weekend DJ set and bask in the indie-ness of Williamsburg. Modern alternative types left, right and centre! 
After spending a few days rummaging through thrift stores I experienced the saving grace of my whole trip - walking down the street, i see two girls looking at me weirdly - long story short - They recognised me from a store i worked in in Sydney! It was Fate! So.. spent the next few weeks exploring and partying with my new friends - drinking way too much Four Loco and eating enough tacos to feed a small country. Ah... 

Until we meet again NYC.

No comments:

Post a Comment