Pages

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

GRINDERMAN 2






Did yesterday actually happen?
Apparently so... Australia Day in all its glory at the infamous Big Day Out! Sweltering heat, southern cross tattoos, huge crowds!

I was in the presence of greatness! - Iggy Pop (and the Stooges) and Grinderman(Nick Cave) definitely made it to the top of my favorite performances of all time! Grinderman was the last act of the day but seemingly I'm blogging about it first - Just look at them!
Rather than trying to write some trendy review, heres one from NME
Leaving you with lyrics from 'Grinderman 2 track - Palaces of Montezuma'
  "The Epic of Gilgamesh 


A pretty little black A-line dress 
I give to you 
The spinal cord of JFK 
Wrapped in Marilyn Monroe's negligee 
I give to you 
I want nothing in return 
Just the softest little breathless word 
I ask of you" 

And if you made it to Big Day Out, I would love to know who your favorite artist was or the highlight of your day!

1 comment:

  1. Yes yes YES...... my main man.... <3 jealous to miss him ... hope you didnt shweat too much lady lover x

    ReplyDelete